Sunday, April 3, 2011

God Answers prayers. :D

Ok, so Saturday I went to help my sister host a yard sale around where she lives to earn money for her trip to Ethiopia. She had never done one of these, so she wasn't sure how it would turn out. She said she thought if you made it out with a few hundred dollars that you made it good.
She asked for donations from her church and others for things to sell. A lot of things were donated(A WHOLE LOT OF CLOTHES!) and a lot was sold.

My sister, Jasmine(The one not going to Ethiopia), said she was praying for $1000 profit. (So was another friend of theirs.)

I, too, prayed that day when I heard about that goal. And I am pretty sure each of us expected God to answer it. Perhaps even to the point where we could thank him beforehand for answering it.

Well, we started the yard sale around 6am and stopped(probably mainly due to the wind) around 2pm. (The wind was blowing everything down, we had to tie the clothes rack to the awning frame. lol)

By the end of the day we made it out with over $1100(Perhaps closer to $1300 once a few other items are paid for).

It was a great(and fun :D ) day. God showed up and blessed. He showed himself awe-some and amazing. (Goosebumps).

-Kevin

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you got my other message or not, but we want to send you some money for your trip. Message me: precious2200@yahoo.com
    It's great to see God providing in so many ways!!
    Katie Norton

    ReplyDelete