Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's been a while...

Well, I tend to find myself preferring to clump things together unless they stand out from the rest(that is, if it would be of interest to others to have those stand-out things have their own entries...)

Anyhow... I went to the flea market last Saturday. I hadn't been there since the first time. A lot of stuff seems to be happening on Saturdays that take me away from flea marketing(and other things. :/ ) But that's life?

Well, at the flea market, we spent about 3 hours selling stuff(We actually brought some books we kept in our sheds for a while; along with some baked goods and my wallets.) (I had a piano recital, and it had been raining in the early morning, or else I'd probably have stayed longer.)

From that experience, I received about $45. ($3 of which came from my first wallet sale. I decided to throw out random numbers between 3-5 until I snagged a customer. =P )

Then I received $46 from someone from my church.

Then I received some money from a fellow person who went to Ethiopia(not with BCI).

OK, I have an announcement, but I want to separate them. Hmm, I actually have two. So, I'll post one here and then the next one in a separate entry.

In my first couple of entries I told you guys I was going to Bill Rice Ranch during the month of July for an opportunity to work there among deaf people.

Well, just recently God seems to have opened another door. If all works out, I'm thinking I will be serving as a volunteer/intern for one month(July) at Silent Word Ministries in Trenton, GA. It is also a deaf ministry, but with this I will be able to help with computer related stuff.

They are converting from some word processing system to Open Office. I am familiar with Open Office(I used it for everything). So I would be working with that, probably primarily since it is apparently very time consuming.

I also might be able to work with video editing. Recently I have become interested in videography, and this would give me a learning experience for it. (My dad is savvy with video stuff, so he can teach me the basics so I can work there without having to be trained by them.)

It sounds like a really cool and great opportunity, and I think I'm going to walk through that door until God closes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment