Sunday, August 5, 2012

Eloquence or the Power of the Cross?

Sometimes I don't know what to say. Sometimes I don't know what to think. Sometimes I want to do something, but have no idea how to go about doing it. I want perfection so I don't get things done until they are.

But that moment I typed that is when it stuck out to me. Eloquence doesn't reach the world--Jesus does; through the power of the Cross souls are touched.

For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. -- 1 Cor. 1:17

So here it is, in the next entry I will post an essay of sorts seeking one or more sponsors for a child I met in Ethiopia. His name is Yegele Getachew. I typed it up a month ago, sent it to two of my friends to proof, then I sent it to two other people at different times. The first got busy and didn't proof it, and the second was just recent and I've been "waiting" on them both until now when I realized it's edited enough. It doesn't need to be 100% perfect, just decent enough not to have glaring errors and understandable enough. So, I will end the pursuit of eloquence and trust in the power of Christ to deliver unto Yegele the one(s) who God has appointed to sponsor him.

Please read the following entry and share it to your friends and family. And above all: Pray.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment