Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God Owns the Cattle on a Thousand Hills

This is very true. And I see God working in getting me to Ethiopia. (Many instances this week.)

First, I "received" $7.50 from the website mentioned earlier. The reason I used quotes is that I receive profit-checks within the 3rd week of each month. I haven't received the check yet, but so far one item has been sold on the website with a profit of $7.50.

Second, I received a generous amount of money from someone I know. It blew me away. The day after it was "officially" announced that I was going to Ethiopia, someone gave me funding so I would be able to go.

Third, I've been trying to work out some business cards to be able to hand out to people. (Mainly when I have fundraising events so they can see my full "bio" with the link provided) I found this website that offers free cads(250) for only the cost of shipping($10). I would be able to choose from 45 designs and then "customize" it with my text. I had no control over much of it, but I could manipulate it to have the text somewhat where I wanted it.

After coming up with some ideas I showed them to some friends to get feedback. One friend soon informed me of a printing company she uses for her own similar things. They charge $14 for 250 cards, to $15 for 500. The shipping time was significantly shorter than the other company, and was barely more than the other one.

My friend then informed me she would also be willing to design the card(for free).


So, now, depending on how the card looks in the end, God provided me 500 cards for $15 dollars and I'll receive it a lot quicker than the other plan(which would have been 250 for $10).


God will provide for his children. God will also enable those he calls. Everything pointed in the direction of going to Ethiopia (Experience, godly counsel, opportunity) except for the matter of finances. But that seems to be gradually pointing towards me going to Ethiopia also.


-Kevin Barrick

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kevin!
    Haha well now that I think about it, four months is a pretty long time (how are you not missing school for this?). But it'll be an amazing four months. And it's definitely not weird that you're not worried. It maybe says something about how much you love your family though... just kidding. I'm sure you love them. :) How did you decide to stay that long? And who are you staying with? And ah! Again - i'm super jealous. This is such a blessing! Are you praying for it yet? Because you're going to need a LOT of prayer.
    I'd never heard of BLessing the Children before, but I looked it up and it looks amazing. Especially the study abroad. It's funny b/c I've been looking for a study abroad program in Ethiopia, but surprisingly enough, it's not a very popular country to study abroad in. :) How did you get connected with it? And why Ethiopia? Haha can you just blog about everything? I'm so curious to hear your story.

    ReplyDelete